Good-morning Mary!

Have I said your name correctly?  I thought so, you have a wonderful name, same name as my best friends wife in fact!

I am very excited to have you here with me right now because you love flying don’t you?

How long have you been in a plane?

Were you ever a right seat pilot or did you jump right into the pilot seat?

Is flying in your family or did you get into it on your own?

Wow so interesting! I want to thank you so much for taking the time to help us test our new fun flights app.  Have you signed the NDA?  Great Mary, thank you so for that.

So before we get going I want to state that this is not a typical right/wrong kind of test.  This is more of a demonstration of how you would interact and use our app. I did not design this, so your not going to be hurting my feelings or making me proud of myself with your observations of it.  It is a prototype, so we are having you test it, we are not testing you.  It is important to remember that the designers are in the beginning stages, so things may not work the best yet.

Please think out loud, like talking to yourself as you walk through the tasks.  That way we will know what you like or where you are getting stuck, or what you would have liked better , excreta.

I also wanted to mention that some of the designers are here with us and will be silently observing so that they can make the app even better!

Do you have any questions at this point Mary?

1.Great – lets get started then, so the AOPA is offering some of its VIP members the chance to test drive this app.  Go ahead and check it out for them.

Ahh, yes.. and what do you think that would do?

2. Ahh, you like the profile, go ahead and fill it in your info.

thats great,   ha ha… yes.  umm humm

fun.  ya. hmm.  i see.

3. yes, you want to use it like you were taking a trip, that is right.  Please go ahead an go though a flight planning activity, like you were going away tomorrow.  Here is the regular tools you may need as well as the app.

ahh, too bad, yes i see that.  hmmm yes

good to know

yeah what next?  ahh, yes interesting.  hmmm.

what next?  ahhh yes i see

ok.

yes great.

that is it for now!

yes i do believe that more features will be ready to test soon… oh great, im glad to hear it. mmm hmmm .. sure thing…

Well that is about all we were looking for Mary, how well did you think it performed compared to your current process?

What was your favorite part?

and least favorite part?

How would you describe fun flyer app to your pilot friends? Would you suggest they try it instead of filling in the paperwork manually?

Imagine your holding a magic wand and could instantly make 3 improvements to this app, what would they be?  Yes.. its goofy.. but fun!

Thank you so much Mary, you have been very helpful.  Here is your gift card to pilots are us, we know you will enjoy shopping there!

I will just show you the way out now.  Thank you again!  I sure hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!